Jim McLean taught me that the game is divided into four areas: Long game, Short game, Management, Mental.
Each of these areas will be addressed during the improvement PROcess
The Improvement PROcess begins with the will to improve to be the best version of yourself.
- First, what is your goal? What are you trying achieve?
- Know that faith in GOD matters
- Know that GENETICS matter
- TRUST the IMPROVEMENT Process (your focus should be on improving yourself)
- CONTROL only what you can CONTROL (starts and ends with you)
- Surround yourself with positive influences & emulate the greatness from all that you meet
- Be POSITIVE (always keep this perspective)
- Give EFFORT–more than you think you are capable–ALL THE TIME
- Expect to win and learn
- Always LEARN (vital if you want to grow)
- Must love CHALLENGES
- Be AWARE
- EVALUATE experiences
- Know that there will be ADVERSITY–learn from it –but more importantly FIND A WAY!
- Make ADJUSTMENTS
- LOVE to WIN; HATE to lose
- MUST have the WILL to win
- Prepare with URGENCY–like it will be your last tourney–it is your last day to prepare
- PERSISTENCE –remember incremental improvements. Your daily actions reap long-term rewards
- EMOTIONS are used to motivate–if you LOVE it, then, you move towards it, protect it, and enjoy it. If you don’t like it, you move away from it as far as possible. EMOTIONS are part of the journey —MOTIVATORS & enhancers.
- Use MOMENTUM to springboard you forward
THE ULTIMATE GOAL IS TO BE THE BEST VERSION OF YOURSELF